The shape of the world is shifting. Seemingly faster now than ever. In circumstances and environments that seem to grow more complex by the day.
Shape Shift Strategies Inc. was founded to work with this complexity, to co-create adaptive strategy and guide clients to their own successful outcomes and results, directly related to the need and purpose of their work. We have expertise in co-creative, collaborative leadership and engagement strategies using the patterns and practices of the Art of Hosting Conversations that Matter.
Our work is more and more influenced by Worldview Intelligence, a body of work co-founded by Kathy Jourdain and Jerry Nagel. Worldview Intelligence provides a structured approach to exploring differences in ways that lead to progress. It has applications in leadership development, conflict resolution and innovation for your team, organization or community as well as provides a new approach to diversity and inclusion work.
We effectively develop and implement strategic planning, change management, innovation processes, conflict resolution and team development processes. We deliver one-on-one and group coaching within teams, specific departments or across whole organizations or systems in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. We are skilled in working in cross cultural environments on a variety of issues.
Results are generated by (co-)creating conditions for relevant, meaningful and sometimes difficult but always necessary conversations that result in greater team, group, organizational or community cohesiveness, engagement, alignment and wise action.
Shape Shift Strategies Inc. usually works in collaborative partnerships drawing on colleagues locally and from around the world who provide the best alignment and experience for the nature of the work, what serves the work and the client best. It is through collaborative relationships that Shape Shift Strategies has the opportunity to travel and work internationally.
We are attentive to sustainability issues and questions and take every step to ensure we are sustainable, environmentally conscious and supporting local business and growth when possible.
In addition to specific client work, Shape Shift is involved in co-creating, co-designing and co-delivering workshops such as:
- Worldview Intelligence: Transforming Differences into Progress
- The Art of Hosting Conversations That Matter, The Art of Collaborative Leadership (or Participatory Leadership), The Art of Social Innovation
- Leading High Performance Teams in Today’s Complex World
- Collaborative Decision Making Processes
- Understanding Human Dynamic Processes and Experiencing Theory U
- Adaptive Planning Design Process Frameworks
Shape Shift Strategies has been part of hosting/leadership teams in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario, Canada; in South Dakota, Minnesota, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Illinois, Utah, California and New Hampshire in the US; in Sao Paulo, Porto Alegre and Rio de Janeiro in Brazil; in Rennes, France; in Brussels, Belgium and soon to be in Frankfurt, Germany and Bermuda.
Among Shape Shift’s clients are:
- The Waterfront Development Corporation, United Way, the Geneva Trade and Development Forum, Highliner Foods Limited, The General Presidents’ Committee, Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette
- NB Power, the NS Provincial Government, Canada Revenue Agency, Federal Government Future Leaders Network, Workman’s Compensation Board, Environment Canada
- Dalhousie University, Memorial University, Saint Mary’s University, Mount Saint Vincent University, University of Winnipeg
- The NS College of Pharmacists, the Pharmacy Association of NS, the NB Pharmaceutical Society, the NB Pharmacists’ Association, the Ontario College of Pharmacists, the College of Pharmacists of BC, Canadian Foundation for Pharmacy
- Capital District Health Authority, the IWK Women and Children’s Health Centre, College of Physicians and Surgeons of NS, the College of Registered Nurse of NS
- The NS Barristers’ Society, the Law Society of NB,
- The Canadian Cancer Society (Nationally and Nova Scotia Branch), the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
Pingback: Community or Organizational Engagement – Conditions that Support Success | ShapeShift
Pingback: Grand Rapids, MN – Art of Hosting Works – Background, Application and Impact | ShapeShift